The primary mission of CPERC is to provide leading-edge research and development activities in the areas of power and energy. CPERC is a leader in advancing state of the art research that shall result in more efficient and cleaner utilization of existing energy sources as well as leading to new methods for energy generation. These technologies will be cleaner, less expensive, and will reduce our national dependence on foreign petroleum.
The goals of CPERC are directed toward the improvement of current technology in power and energy generation, including the reduction of harmful emissions. CPERC efforts are focused in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Reducing undesirable emissions from power and energy generating systems.
- Developing new technologies for clean energy including the use of biomass, coal, or synthetic gas as raw materials and the generation of hydrogen via thermochemical splitting of water.
- Improving the efficiency and reliability of gas turbine systems used for power generation.
- Research and promotion of energy conservation issues.
- Providing education and training to students and the public on power and energy related issues.